We love using Google Apps for Education. Google Docs is an incredible tool for the classroom.
Here are some things we love:
- Set up Google Apps for Education for your school and it’s easy to create and manage student accounts.
- The coolest part about Google Docs is how well it handles student collaboration. Students can share a document with other people in their group… and everyone can edit the same document at the same time.
- Improve parent communication. Parents want to see what their child is doing? Just share the document with them.
- Track down cyber-vandalism or see who is doing all of the work. You can see the revision history to find out who typed what. Inappropriate comment? You can track that down. Did the partners divide the work evenly? Find out.
- Stop lugging home piles of paperwork – Go digital. When students are done their work, they can share the document with you, the teacher. Now you don’t have to bring home stacks of assignments because it’s all digital… in the cloud.
- Give immediate feedback to your students. Marking in Google Docs allows you to give immediate feedback. Ever mark an assignment and have it sit in a pile on your desk waiting. The moment you mark an assignment, students can see your comments right away.
- It’s simple to use. ‘Nuff said.
- Suspend student accounts. Have students misused their time in the lab? Need to remove computer privileges? Click of a button.